MacBook Pro unibody with screen issues again.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I have just had a dead pixel arrive on screen at random.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I love the MBP but I am not sure if they are worth the hassle. I just want something that works, I just don't have the time to deal with Apple (their service is good) I want reliability but I guess this is the curse of the early adopter.

I am thinking about asking for completely different machine, ie, not another MBP. I am thinking of getting an Air. Would Apple swap my machine for another one. This is my second MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I think they have a 14 day return policy. If it's been less than two weeks, they should give you your money back and you can use it to buy whatever you want.

I know someone who unknowingly bought a last gen MBP the week before the new ones came out. He took it back the next week and they exchanged it for a new one without a hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I doubt they'd swap it for an Air straight off. What is the price difference between your current MBP and the Air model you want?

I know Apple are pretty good when it comes to replacing faulty machines but if you ask for a completely different model of machine they might not be as happy. I would reckon they say "yes, but pay the difference".

OP
B&O

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah of course, I will pay the difference. I think I am going to try and get another pro. And if and when I have another problem I will push for a MacBook Air.

I will call my Apple salesman tomorrow morning and arrange a replacement. Hopefully it will be fast as I have only had this machine for 6 days. I am just annoyed that I have had 5 macs (iBook G4, MBP 15", MBP 17", Mac Mini and MacBook Pro 15" (x2). This is the only system I have ever had an issue with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Good luck, If you try a MB as had no issues with it or the New Air will be nice, heard it was much better then the first gen :)

OP
B&O

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I went to the Apple store and they had one look and offered me a new one. I said ok. They brought me a new one down. I opened it and it had a dead pixel then another came down and it had a scratched screen. Finally the next one looked ok.

I have to say that I am extremely annoyed with the guy from the Apple store. He was so rude, never said thank you or sorry once in the near to two hours I was waiting. Normally I would have put it down to poor English (I live in Japan) but he was from NY. I heard him saying in Japanese to another apple guy "I hope he will be happy with this one" in an extremely impolite manner (specific grammar was used that was rude in Japanese) He assumed that I didn't speak Japanese.

Do you think a complaint is in order or should I just chill out (Japan is extremely polite and maybe I have become accustomed to it. 3 weeks and 5 phone calls, 4 apple store visits and 5 machines seems to take the **** when coupled with the insulting guy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Well I went to the Apple store and they had one look and offered me a new one. I said ok. They brought me a new one down. I opened it and it had a dead pixel then another came down and it had a scratched screen. Finally the next one looked ok.

I have to say that I am extremely annoyed with the guy from the Apple store. He was so rude, never said thank you or sorry once in the near to two hours I was waiting. Normally I would have put it down to poor English (I live in Japan) but he was from NY. I heard him saying in Japanese to another apple guy "I hope he will be happy with this one" in an extremely impolite manner (specific grammar was used that was rude in Japanese) He assumed that I didn't speak Japanese.

Do you think a complaint is in order or should I just chill out (Japan is extremely polite and maybe I have become accustomed to it. 3 weeks and 5 phone calls, 4 apple store visits and 5 machines seems to take the **** when coupled with the insulting guy.

I don't care if you're in Irak or Tokyo. That salesman doesn't know how to treat someone, especially someone who has bought a $2000+ laptop. I would complain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni

At that point I would have asked for the Manger of the store in Japannese, or the district Mangers number.

People are rude, and nobody can change that... good luck with the MBP :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.