is there a way to convert iweb into an html code for other websites?

Reaction score
sorry im really really a noob at web designing. and i dont want to pay for a mobile me account so i was wondering if there is way to design a website on iweb and then turn it into html code so i can use it as a template or w/e on website server like freewebs.com

is this possible?

or can someone give me a step by step guide on how to put a site made on iweb up on an actual site without using mobile me?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
iweb already produces html

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
If you 'export to folder' you will see all the html files and image files

OP
M
Reaction score
If you 'export to folder' you will see all the html files and image files

export fold or publish folder? i did that already but when i click the html files it just opens it on firefox. but i want to get the actual code so i could use it as a template on a website sever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It opens in Firefox because that's your default app for opening HTML.

Open the file in a text/html editor like Text Wrangler and you'll see the HTML/XML/CSS in all it's glory.

OP
M
Reaction score
It opens in Firefox because that's your default app for opening HTML.

Open the file in a text/html editor like Text Wrangler and you'll see the HTML/XML/CSS in all it's glory.

so after that i can just copy and paste the code into a html website? cuz i tried that when it opened on firefox and i right clicked and ''viewed page source'' then copied and pasted it but it didnt work cuz all the images and stuff are on my computer

so when it uploaded it, it just showed blanks where the pics and stuff is suppose to be

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
HTML Tutorial
read up mitch90, if you can't even figure out their very straight forward instructions, you definitely need to give that a glance to understand the basics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Step-by-step:
In iWeb - Publish to a folder e.g. 'mywebsite'

The folder 'mywebsite' now contains everything you created in iWeb.... i.e. everything required for a fully fuctioning website.

Just ftp the *contents* of the 'mywebsite' folder to the root folder of your webspace.

OP
M
Reaction score
Step-by-step:
In iWeb - Publish to a folder e.g. 'mywebsite'

The folder 'mywebsite' now contains everything you created in iWeb.... i.e. everything required for a fully fuctioning website.

Just ftp the *contents* of the 'mywebsite' folder to the root folder of your webspace.

ya i tried doing this with cyberduck
but i dont get how to use cyberduck either. how do you connect to your site? do you have to buy a ftp domain? or is there a way to get one for free? is there a step by step guide on how to use cyberduck too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your earlier post said
so when it uploaded it, it just showed blanks
- almost thinking I may be a troll victim here.....

I assumed from this you had somewhere to upload it to! But now you seem to be saying you don't have a web domain to upload web pages to? Is this correct?

If you don't then you need to hit Google. You'll find many providers out there that offer free domains and webhosting for casual users. Be aware that many (not all) want to put advertising banners on your page.

Once you've signed yourself up with a free domain and some web space you'll be able to use the ftp address and password they'll supply you with to enter into Cyberduck so that you can upload your webpages to your new domain.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your earlier post said - almost thinking I may be a troll victim here.....

I assumed from this you had somewhere to upload it to! But now you seem to be saying you don't have a web domain to upload web pages to? Is this correct?

If you don't then you need to hit Google. You'll find many providers out there that offer free domains and webhosting for casual users. Be aware that many (not all) want to put advertising banners on your page.

Once you've signed yourself up with a free domain and some web space you'll be able to use the ftp address and password they'll supply you with to enter into Cyberduck so that you can upload your webpages to your new domain.

lol..i dont have a ftp domain cuz when i tried to google for one most of them required money i think

i just did freewebs.com which i dont think is an ftp domain. i just asked me if i wanted to use html or their web layout creator so i clicked html and thats where i copied and pasted the html. got me? lol

so do you know a site that offers free ftp domains?

OP
M
Reaction score
Here's one, bannerless, ftp, free .co.cc domain:
free web hosting | 07x.net

Here's a list of more:
Free Webspace and Free Web Hosting Services

These are purely from a web search. Haven't used them myself.

ahhhhhh thank you thank you thank you
free web hosting | 07x.net works perfectly with cyberduck

but i have another question. so everytime i wanna update my site do i have to copy and paste all the files from the 'sites' folder in my mac to cyberduck or is there a shortcut? like i can just press publish on iWeb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You only export from iWeb then ftp only the changed files

Reaction score
iWeb & Dropbox

I realize that this thread is older, and perhaps a bit 'trolly' to begin with but I recently stumbled across it and found it... helpful, at least as a stepping stone for further Google searches.

Relevant post regarding integrating iWeb and Dropbox from TUAW. Allows you to create a website with iWeb and "host" it in your Dropbox Public folder.

While Dropbox is soon getting rid of the Public folder, this should still work because all files and folders will be provided links.

TUAW: "Free" Web Hosting via Dropbox

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.