what's the shortcut to do it?

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP: 2.53GHz Intel Core 2, 4GB DDR3, OS 10.6.8
If you mean switching between tabs, it's Ctrl+Tab

well thanks, but i know that..

i mean when you have multiple firefox windows open, how do you switch between them with a keyboard shortcut?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
well thanks, but i know that..

i mean when you have multiple firefox windows open, how do you switch between them with a keyboard shortcut?

Not sure if you are talking about having multiple tabs in one firefox window or multiple windows with firefox open.

If it's the first, you should be able to switch tabs in firefox by cmd+number. So if you have 3 tabs open you can switch by pressing the corresponding window number.

If you are talking about having multiple windows, then there should be a function key that allows you to show all windows. You can then select which one you want to bring to the front. Hope that helps.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are talking about having multiple windows, then there should be a function key that allows you to show all windows. You can then select which one you want to bring to the front. Hope that helps.

yeah i'm talking about multiple windows, but i know you can use expose and view all windows then click but i just figured there was a way to cycle quickly between windows of an application using a shortcut like alt+tab

EDIT: WHOA! I mean command+tab. COMMAND+tab. Windows days sneaking back up hehe

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok well if anybody's interested, it's command+tilda

very useful

for me at least

/thread

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you so much.. I have searched for this for a while and finally I find it!

for some reason this shortcut is not listed here:
Keyboard shortcuts

I sent them a message asking them to add it. Soooo useful.

Reaction score
Hmmm - looks like I'll be turning my Macbook into a Linux box then . . .

very useful

for me at least

/thread

Hallelujah! Thanks for tracking that one down - as a recent returner to Mac now that Snow Leopard enables some of the basic functionality that has been missing for about a decade, the lack of this shortcut has been driving me nuts.

IMHO it's still not as good as the way Windoze does it, (i.e. Ctrl+Tab switches between windows, not just apps), but it's better than arsing around with Fisher-Price menus that don't have shortcuts!

By the way, just for the record, although it's pronounced 'tilda', it's spelt 'tilde'.

Cheers, Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
That's also how you switch between multiple opened windows within most applications and not just Firefox. I use it all the time. Here is also a list of Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts in case you want to learn about other keyboard shortcuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
It's COMMAND + `

The ` is located directly above the tab key.

-Ben

Reaction score
Doesn't work with Spaces

Helpful shortcut. Small usage note: This doesn't work if the two Firefox windows are in different Spaces.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.