Mac book Air frustration

Reaction score
I am so stuck. I am trying to reinstall the os. I install the dvd sharing program on my dell notebook. Then when I boot up the air pressing the alt button I never ever see my net work. I see other peoples but not mine. But when I boot in to the normal desktop on the air I see my network and it works. So how am i suppose to reinstall my os now?

I tried connecting to another network which is open and the mac book air also found it. I got the reinstall disk image with the arrow, I click the arrow, and hit next on my desk saying waiting for mac book air to connect. The mac air shows a little planet spinning and after 5-10 mins it boots to the normal os.

How am i suppose to reinstall my os now? Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I had the same problems bought a drive...sorry icant help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
You can boot from a USB pen drive on the Macbook Air. Maybe you can create a disk image of the OSX/restore CD and put it on the pen drive and then reinstall OSX from that.

If you don't want ot do that, might I suggest removing any passwords on the router or any special features you may have set on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.