Extensis Suitcase Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
hey all,

ive been using suitcase for years and years and have never had this problem.

I have all my fonts stored on my external firewire hard drive. I use suitcase for management. ever since i moved all my fonts over to the ext hd, and i shut my computer down or put it to sleep, when it wakes up the activated fonts suddenly cant be found. i have to trash the activated fonts in suitcase and then re-add them to get them to work. any ideas why it would do this? we do the same thing at work (although the fonts are stored on a blade server) and this doesnt happen. thanks in advance.

p.s. i tried moving all my fonts over to my internal hard drive and the same thing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I know this is not solving your problem, but I ditched Suitcase a couple of years ago.

I now use Linotype Font Explorer and find it to be a much more elegant solution, and its free

OP
mcjacksonnelson
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
yeah. ive been hearing lots of good things about Linotype. maybe i'll just switch and see if that does it. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.