Buying a MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 80GB
Hey people

I am a new member. My name is Mack. For Christmas this year my parents have decided to buy me a laptop for school. I picked out a MacBook. My question is what is the best time to purchase a Mac and where is the best place to purchase it. Does Mac have any specials around the Christmas season? I hate to have them buy it now and in a week have it go on sale.

L8r,
Mack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hey people

I am a new member. My name is Mack. For Christmas this year my parents have decided to buy me a laptop for school. I picked out a MacBook. My question is what is the best time to purchase a Mac and where is the best place to purchase it. Does Mac have any specials around the Christmas season? I hate to have them buy it now and in a week have it go on sale.

L8r,
Mack

Welcome Mack!

Generally, Apple does not put their laptops on sale, however Apple is also very unpredictable. Here are some options though:

If you are a student at a university (or either of your parents are) you can get $50 off the $1299 Macbook and $100 off the $1599 macbook. This can be done through apples education site: Apple Store (U.S.) - Student Discount

Amazon.com usually has some decent discounts on new and used macbooks.

If you go to a university, check your universities computer store. My university gives us huge discounts on Apple hardware.

There are probably other options out there, and the forums are more than happy to help! Once again, welcome!

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They usually also run free or heavily discounted iPod nano offers close around the start of term... I just bought my Macbook and bought an iPod nano for €25 which I plan to sell on eBay for around €125.

That's on top of the educational discount.

OP
Mack450
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 80GB
Welcome Mack!

Generally, Apple does not put their laptops on sale, however Apple is also very unpredictable. Here are some options though:

If you are a student at a university (or either of your parents are) you can get $50 off the $1299 Macbook and $100 off the $1599 macbook. This can be done through apples education site: Apple Store (U.S.) - Student Discount

Amazon.com usually has some decent discounts on new and used macbooks.

If you go to a university, check your universities computer store. My university gives us huge discounts on Apple hardware.

There are probably other options out there, and the forums are more than happy to help! Once again, welcome!

Trent out
Thanks for the great info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.