• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

easiest movie software???

Reaction score
i have a panasonic pv-gs320 and was wondering what is the best software for downloading family movies? i use a firewire and whenever i download in i-movie it just seems difficcult to manipulate. the movies are one big movie instead on small clips.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
What do you mean by "downloading family movies" ?

iMovie imports direct from your camera, so.........

if you record 90 minutes as one big recording then that is how it will import to imovie.

if you record 90 minutes as 9 x 10 minute clips then thats how they will appear in imovie.

Also "one big movie" can be split in to many many smaller clips by you the user of imovie, choose (from memory) 'split timeline' from the menu where you want a new clip

OP
C
Reaction score
i have t-ball movies, babies first steps etc, but they show up as one big movie. "split timeline" i will see if i can find this. i am new to camcorders and macs. thanks for your help!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have t-ball movies, babies first steps etc, but they show up as one big movie. "split timeline" i will see if i can find this. i am new to camcorders and macs. thanks for your help!

If i remember when i get home from work i will fire up imovie to say for definite what menu the "split timeline" command is in

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the edit menu select 'Split video clip at playhead'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.