• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Windows Nerds and Mac Nerds, so much better.

?

)(*

Goth_Fashion_Statement.jpg

This is your standard windows nerd. They where black, and very mean to people trying to get to know them. They are very disrespecful and always do not know when to shut up.

johny_depp_007.jpg

This is your standard mac user. They are the trendy type, always courteous and a pleasure to talk to. They always show respect and know their place in conversations.

if any of you think i am wrong and racist. please so indicate. because every encounter i have with windows people, they are the ruddest ****s ever.

*by nerd, i mean user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
wrong. this is your standard mac nerd:

wozniak.jpg

and this is your standard windows nerd:

gates.jpg

they both share the name nerd for a reason. they are obs3ssed with computers.

100 points if you can name them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
MacAddikt said:
wrong. this is your standard mac nerd:

wozniak.jpg

and this is your standard windows nerd:

gates.jpg

they both share the name nerd for a reason. they are obs3ssed with computers.

100 points if you can name them

Steve (Woz) Wozniak and Bill Gates. Whoohoo I'm teh winnAr! So what can I redeem said points for? Free stuff? :)

-Chris

p.s. worst thread ever ;)

OP
M

meltbanana314

I think you got "windows nerd" confused with "angsty teenager."

At my school, the average "Windows nerd" wears a Bungie Studios t-shirt, will never shut up about Halo, will always point and laugh at people with iPods, and will constantly tell you about his MSCE uncle who's teaching him how to hack.

The Mac nerds (all three of us) will constantly be fighting off the unwashed hordes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
bassplayrr said:
Steve (Woz) Wozniak and Bill Gates. Whoohoo I'm teh winnAr! So what can I redeem said points for? Free stuff? :)

-Chris

p.s. worst thread ever ;)

uhhh .. you can redeem them for more points?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive known average windows nerds to be just that, nerds, or try to be the opposite and be 'cool' by dressing like theyre in a heavy metal band or are pro bmx bikers. mac nerds on the other hand, are smart and responsible, and nice and very open, and are into taking a part a mac for fun and such.

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

I am both of the people you are talking about(Teen and Windows nerd) and i dont dress or behave like that.

OP
S

SpliceDWDM

Maxp0wer2004 said:
I am both of the people you are talking about(Teen and Windows nerd) and i dont dress or behave like that.

I believe the real factor here, is that there are (let's face it) hords more Windows users. The Mac community is smaller, but stays strong by priding itself on "a sense of community". Your typical Mac user seems to be more willing to lend a hand. Being a Windbloze user as well as a Mac user, I remember all too well, splurting off system specs to my buds (earning the cool points) - perhaps being a step ahead is how people differentiate themselves in the PC community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
sweeeet... more points.

Reaction score
This thread is wierd. Very odd generalizations, I never really thought that any specific type of personality was drawn to a specific operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
No one has pics of Linux nerds? Hahahaha! :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Linux nerds are very rare and don't like to be photographed. ;)

OP
D

d-funct

Heh well I'm weird in the fact that I actually quite like been refered to as "the geek" in my group of friends, I'm not only a windows geek (for work) but I'm also becoming a Mac geek as well but I hate been called a nerd ...

OP
D

d-funct

Lol well kinda, a geek is a nerd with better social skills and that dresses better :teen: well kinda and anyway thats just what I heard/understand of it ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.