Computers won't work with new Itunes

Reaction score
I have a new ipod touch which requires the new itunes 8. It is a reall pain in the butt. I have two computers, one is a mac, one is a PC. On both of them, it says the OS is too old.. I know I have went over this before, but is there an alternate program I can use? I know you told me of one but I need one that will work with fairly older computers. The mac has tiger and the pc has xp (i tunes said i needed a newer service pack)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I have a new ipod touch which requires the new itunes 8. It is a reall pain in the butt. I have two computers, one is a mac, one is a PC. On both of them, it says the OS is too old.. I know I have went over this before, but is there an alternate program I can use? I know you told me of one but I need one that will work with fairly older computers. The mac has tiger and the pc has xp (i tunes said i needed a newer service pack)

Windoze needs at least SP2 to run iTunes. Tiger should run it fine. It needs at least 10.4.9 (make sure up to date on Tiger-10.4.11) Use Software update from the menu bar. (from the Apple icon/software update)

You can also try Winamp for Windows (not sure of requirements for it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If the one computer has XP and the other has Tiger, then all you need to do are download the free upgrades available from both Microsoft and Apple to make the computers ready for iTunes 8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If the one computer has XP and the other has Tiger, then all you need to do are download the free upgrades available from both Microsoft and Apple to make the computers ready for iTunes 8.

Agreed.

The service packs your XP are available for free anyways from Windows Update. Simply download them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.