Lost all my data

Reaction score
Hello eeryone
~I am having a serious problem wth my data on my imac
i have an imac and a drobo 2 system with three har drives on it connected with firewire. i did the mistake to take the firewire cable off without unmount it and used it with my macbook pro. wehn i tried to cnnect it back to my imacv i got a message saying
the disk you inserted is not readable with this computer and had three choices
1. initialize
ignore
eject
i dont know if i did this wrong and i pressed initialize:(
so i run disk utility and tried to verify and repair the disk but it said that the procedure failed!!!!! the firewire cable is on but i cant see the drobo system.
the weirdest thing is that the drobo comes with an app called drobo dashboard wheer it shows you the remaining capacity. so the capacity, the free capacity started to increase!!!! and now it says that i have a total capacity of the drives... where did my data went?????weird things..
i would really appreciate if someone can help
also i dont know if this is the correct category to post this message. guys and girls please someone help..i lost everything!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's pretty likely it's been quick formatted. the data should still be there if you haven't started reusing the drive. find a decent data recovery app - it may end up costing you a few bucks, but it will be worth it. until you do find a recovery app, don't do anything to the drive. anything you write to the drive now will likely overwrite data you want to recover.

edit:
here's one:
FileSalvage - Mac OS X Data Recovery, Undelete Files, Rescue Lost Data

OP
Red_Apple
Reaction score
thank you for the app!!!
i can not do anything to the drobo and the drives in it cos i can not even mount it. i used disk warrior to rebuilt the directory..but the directory is damaged and i can not mount the drive...why is that??....so i can not write any new data on that which is good..but how will i be able to see the drive mounted???
weird things happening at a time that i really need my data
i

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.