• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Imac and mini updates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I sure hope not! I don't wanna see any iMac updates. I love having the latest iMac!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
It is time for them to be updated. Mind you, the Mini is way overdue and should be updated now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
It is time for them to be updated. Mind you, the Mini is way overdue and should be updated now.

It's definitely not time for the iMac to be updated. The current design has been around for just over a year, unless you're solely talking about internal alterations. Granted, the Mac Mini is always over-shadowed and seemingly never gets updated.

Reaction score
It's hard to imagine the Mac Mini line getting another update now, with so many persistent rumors of its death. Even a website devoted to the Mini has a thread on the subject. What do you expect Apple to throw in there, a dedicated video chip? They already did that with AppleTV, and that seems to be the path they're on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I like the iMacs, but I think they will change them. The "new" Apple look is not the black around the screen. That's cool, but I like the current Macs. I don't really see how they could improve the macs, (except for touch screen). Also, I think the iPhone is the closest thing to a new Mac Mini we're gonna get. I think Apple will drop the mini altogether, and introduce a new Mac-themed product. (Not sure what, but not a mini. Maybe something a little like a mini, but it's been too long to just hit us with an "update". It'll have to be something big.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Why not?

Last I checked the world of computers has always moved quickly. It is never to "early" for an update. There have been advancements in the last year and I hope those advancements are included in a new machine at the current price! I don't know why anyone would want anything but?

Reaction score
Well the iMacs still don't have LED backlit screens, remember that. That's the only thing that they could improve on I guess. If they got glass screens glaring wouldn't matter since the iMac only stays in one place and wouldn't need to account for extreme outdoor lighting conditions. If the keyboards were LED-backlit as well that'd be cool. The mini could get a discrete graphics card and a full aluminum enclosure and lose the white plastic on the top of it. That's all I can think of so far but I'm probably forgetting things. I wonder if the mini will die?

Reaction score
I think it would be a travesty to let the mini die. I think they need to market it more, and have it available in more places. They dont even offer it in the local Best Buy.

Reaction score
Right now I'm really thinking about buying an iMac. I thought they were going to update them sometime this fall. Should I wait or just buy one now. I was going to get a 24" Refurb, but not so sure on what to do anymore.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Right now I'm really thinking about buying an iMac. I thought they were going to update them sometime this fall. Should I wait or just buy one now. I was going to get a 24" Refurb, but not so sure on what to do anymore.

If you need it now, buy it now. Otherwise, wait and see what's coming after the new year. It's that simple.

Reaction score
Yes but do you guys still think that a revision will be made sometime this month to the iMac line?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
there are several articles that are citing that apple said its holiday line is set which would indicate that there will be no new products till the new year

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there are several articles that are citing that apple said its holiday line is set which would indicate that there will be no new products till the new year

Exactly - see the link I published previously - and that was straight from the horse's mouth.

Reaction score
Haha so I will most likeyly be getting an iMac soon thank you guys for the help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it worth to buy new rather than refurb or used?

In my opinion - no. The refurbs carry the same warranty as new and the quality is just as good (at least in my experience). The only thing that's missing is that they don't generally come in the original Apple packaging. So, if you can deal with a plain, brown box, you should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.