Gmail syncing between mac and iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
So when I delete messages on my computer or iphone with my mail application, they are deleted on the other automatically. For example, when I delete an email on my laptop, it is automatically deleted on my iphone. However, when it comes to my gmail account that I also have on my iphone and mac, they don't sync up automatically wirelessly. I'll delete messages on my laptop from the gmail section, and they are still on my iphone. I have to delete everything twice. Any way to rectify this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Your computer may be using Gmail POP. Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts. Under the account name check if it is POP. If yes, then go to Gmail in your web browser, then go to settings > POP and forwarding. There, enable IMAP. You will see a configuration instructions link over there. Follow there to configure your Mail client to IMAP and things will all be fine!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
Thank you very much. I'll try it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.