Dell not scared of apple dominating the music industry.

Reaction score
I ALMOST DIED WHEN I READ THIS!!!!! LOL please dell says this ipod is a fad and will die quickly! I dont think so! I own 3 ipod mini's all in differnt colors. it just that that apples ipod is so much nicer slimmer and an eaiser interface than dells fat picece of SHI*. I really hate dell and I mean I hate them from past experiences. if there so good *** i ordered there computer from us and I was speking to somone in India and didint speak any english and my damm phone bill was above the roof and it took me over 2 months to get my problem solved!!!! I honeslty think dell should be scared trying to compete with the ipod! http://hardware.silicon.com/desktops/0,39024645,39127101,00.htm

M

meltbanana314

Creative said they were trying to compete with the iPod as well. Face it, guys - the iPod is the dominate player in the market (and now in the low end market with the shuffle as well.) As long as companies like Dell and Creative create crappy products that try to imitate the iPod, they'll never win. Apple came up with an *original,* functional, and beautiful product, something that everyone else seems to lack understanding of.

OP
S
Reaction score
meltbanana314 said:
Creative said they were trying to compete with the iPod as well. Face it, guys - the iPod is the dominate player in the market (and now in the low end market with the shuffle as well.) As long as companies like Dell and Creative create crappy products that try to imitate the iPod, they'll never win. Apple came up with an *original,* functional, and beautiful product, something that everyone else seems to lack understanding of.
I know...I totally agree *** is dell always trying to lie! :confused:

N

Nightblade

Eventually some company will come out with an mp3 player that will be superior to the iPod and cheaper too. Of course, Apple's invested most of their advertising in recent years on the iPod, so unless this company can advertise their product effectively, the iPod will still continue to dominate the industry. And of course, if the iPod ever gets overshadowed by an mp3 player from another company, Apple will (hopefully) strive to improve the iPod so that it can be better and beat its competitors. Such is the cycle of business competition. The iPod really needs a good competitor, in order to pressure Apple to constantly improve their iPod to keep up. In terms of product quality and price, I'm sure such products already do exist, but thanks to their lack of advertising you won't see anyone flocking to buy them.

M

meltbanana314

Superior to the iPod?

The Neuros is (was?) the closest thing to an 'iPod killer' I've seen, and I don't see anybody I know toting one around.

As long as companies in the market try to *copy* the iPod's success, they'll never get anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Honestly I don't think Dell really has to be worried about Apple's dominance in the mp3 player market b/c Dell dominates the pc market. I am honestly an Apple convert b/c the ease of use and quality put into mac software/hardware. But Apple will never be able to compete with Dell in the price market b/c they would lose out. Apple instead focuses on their niche market with distinct advantages by creating EASY to use products right from the beginning and of course CLEVER MARKETING. Is the ipod the best mp3 product out there? definitely not in sound quality but in ease of use and form factor, they set the standard. But thankfully Apple is becoming more realistic with the prices on the majority of their popular products.

D

d-funct

Slightly off topic but has anyone gotten to play with an iRiver? I'm looking in to getting one because of the USB Host function. Which means that if I'm aboard or away from my puters for a long time what I can do is plug my camara into the iRiver and copy all the pictures across making space for new ones ... anyway it sounds cool

oh and Dell suck monkey nuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
CEO Kevin Rollins said the number of headlines Apple grabs does not worry him and that the company isn't "in the same league" as Dell.

No they're not, Apple is actually competent.

P

pdp

competent how?
does everyone not see all the problems people are having just on this forum alone?

and even though i have an ipod, it is a fad.
it's a "must have" just like the tickle me elmo, robodogs, and beanie babies to name a few. you arent "cool" if you dont use the ipod. more "fad/im trying to fit in" marketing than quality product with thought

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.