sounds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
are there any custom sound sets for osx? or is it going to be a thing i just find sounds i like and choose them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
OS X users can only change their system alert sound. Using a custom sound requires copying the sound file into ~/Library/Sounds, then choosing it from the Sound preference pane.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
anyone know where i can download a matrix sound set?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
If you have Adium installed as a chat client, go to Adium - Download, and search the sound sets, I know there is a "Matrix" themed sound set available.

This is how I change a lot of my system sounds, by using sound set packages from other software, it's simply a matter of finding the audio files within the package, then converting them into .aiff files. The you can simply replace any default system sound with a new one of your choice. The first sound I change on a new machine is always the "Drag & Drop" system sound, as it annoys me and is a rather unpleasant sound to hear often.

Just make sure you are confident you know what you are doing before changing and replacing any system files, and make a back up of any default files that you may change.

You can find system sounds like drag & drop, screen grab etc. on your machine here -

HD>System>Library>Components>CoreAudio.component

You will find the alert sounds where BlueMac mentioned above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.