• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD problem please reply

Reaction score
I'm making a dvd for iDVD, and I'm going to use a 4.7 gig disc, and when I was making it I realised I could only put 2 of my videos on (which equalled to about 900meg).
It says I can only have 100 minutes
o_o
Is there anything I can do? I wanted to use the whole 4.7 gig, but apparently my 2 videos equal about 5.5 gig which i thought was wrong because its only about 450 meg each.
any help?

and seeing as burning movies doesnt seem to have an effect on the length, can anyone tell me what would happen if you put a dvd full of burnt movies in a dvd player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Try compressing your videos. That should help with the size, although it will most likely reduce the quality. I assume you could probably use iTunes or iMovie to burn your disk. Perhaps Toast.

If none of that works, get a bigger disk.

I am not too sure what happens when you put burned disks in DVD player, but I have heard that it freezes and skips.

Here is the official Toast website. You can probably get a free trial download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You didn't tell us how long your videos are. I don't care what the sizes are pre-iDVD import because iDVD converts them to MPEG2.

You might try fiddling with the Ecoding selection in the Project Info properties for your iDVD project. Enter "professional quality" in the help menu to find out more about this. No quotes.

OP
Eskimomo1994
Reaction score
hmm
my videos are 45 minutes each
well one of the episodes is 53 or something
also with toast, i burned it but it acts like a data disc, i cant play it on the ps3, or on the dvd player.
is there a way to burn it like a dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
In order to burn it as a DVD it has to have the standard VIDEO_TS folder and sometimes and AUDIO_TS folder. The only way I know how to make these is using something like iDVD, but I am no expert in this area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
hmm
my videos are 45 minutes each
well one of the episodes is 53 or something
also with toast, i burned it but it acts like a data disc, i cant play it on the ps3, or on the dvd player.
is there a way to burn it like a dvd

When you create a video DVD via Toast you have to make sure to use the right choice. See the attached image and the highlighted choice. If I recall right, it is 'DVD-Video'.

In iDVD type the work hour in the help menu and chose the "Setting the encoding quality of a DVD" selection which will be helpful to you. According to that, your less than two hours is burnable.

Also remember that some DVD players can't play home made DVDs. This usually affects older players.

Toast TitaniumScreenSnapz001.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.