• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

G5 Notebooks

Reaction score
According to an Article on Digitimes Taiwanese Companies have confrimed the manufacturing of G5 Notebooks by Apple.

This is cool...

Apple used to have trouble with putting the g5 arch in a laptop simply because it's so power hungry, running a 2.5 GHz G5 could only be done with water cooling. I wonder what inovation they came up with this time... anyway, i'm gonna wait a while before buying my mac, I think this year is going to be very interesting....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 (soon)
how long do yu think this is going to take?

Reaction score
yogi said:
According to an Article on Digitimes Taiwanese Companies have confrimed the manufacturing of G5 Notebooks by Apple.

This is cool...

Apple used to have trouble with putting the g5 arch in a laptop simply because it's so power hungry, running a 2.5 GHz G5 could only be done with water cooling. I wonder what inovation they came up with this time... anyway, i'm gonna wait a while before buying my mac, I think this year is going to be very interesting....
Tthe g5 uses onyl 24 some watts at full load at the full 2ghz. The g5 is ver likely in a power book. I emailed DigiTimes this is what i sad and this is what they said.

Thank you for your email. This Apple story was translated from our Chinese article published on January 14. We believe our sources on this story are reliable. However, because of all the questions raised by readers, we will try and run a follow up story later this week.
Thank you for reading DigiTimes.

Best regards,

Sylvia Wu
Account Manager
DigiTimes.com
[email protected]

[email protected]

2005/01/18 ?? 03:53

To

[email protected]

cc

Subject

Are u sure about this or do *u just want media attention about the powerbook g5 and ibook g5

I wasnt sure to ask about this but as u may know apple has fallen behind technology in the notebooks. APPLE DESPERATELY NEED A G5 IN A POWERBOOK BUT THEY COULDNT DO IT BECAUSE OF THE HEAT PROBLEMS. THEN I saw this on your website Powerbook and ibook G5 in the 2Q of 2005? Are you sure? And when do u know they are introducing them? thanks david schiffhauer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
its true apple is making g5 powerbooks as prototypes but there are major heat issues so they will not be on the market for a very long time.

I

iPodMiniLover

Do you think the G5 Powerbooks will be more expensive when they do finally come out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
no i think that they will be about the price of the current powerbooks. they will come out in powerbook first

Reaction score
IBM's 90nm strained Silicon process has the potential to reduce the power consumption by great margins.

AMD will soon be releasing a new 90nm core that it built in conjunction with IBM....it is expected to use significantly less power than their current 90nm range of processors that already pretty cool. AMD's current top clock speed is 2.6Ghz. This new core is expected to be able to clock to around 3.3Ghz. All this seems surprisingly similiar to the current position of the 2.5Ghz G5...everyone is waiting for the 3Ghz speed bump. Anyone in here wanting to check out IBMs future capabilities, keep an eye on the AMDs new cores. This technology is being developed as a joint effort, AMD just has the capability to get it to market faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.