VMware Fusion and Mac OS X 10.5.5

Reaction score
Hope this is in the right forum?
Anyone had any issues with Running Fusion with OS 10.5.5.
I have discovered, with much help from Apple support, that there is an issue with a conflict between Fusion and iCal.
It renderes iCal useless.
I have just noticed that Fusion has an upgrade to their version 2 (I am running 1.1.3) but I can't find any info that it might solve this problem.
Plucking up the courage to install it soon!!
Any feedback would be interesting.
Thanks

Reaction score
ive been having problems with windows crashing in fusion since this 10.5.5, is this the same problem you are having?

OP
N
Reaction score
I am not getting that far.
Due to the conflict between Fusion and iCal, I go back to 10.5.4.
I need iCal, I rely on it.
Can't even get Vmware to respond yet - still trying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Am running XP under Fusion 1.1.3 on iMac with OSX 10.5. No problems with either Fusion or iCal.

OP
N
Reaction score
Sawday,
That was my set up before updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5. Then it conflicts with iCal.
I have now updated Fusion to version 2 (from 1.1.3) and I still have the conflict with iCal.
No reply yet from VMware. They are very difficult to deal with!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I'm on 10.5.5. Still no iCal probs.

Reaction score
I run 10.5.5 on Fusion also (and ran 1.3 before that). No issues with iCal. I also had very prompt responses from VMWare the few times that I contacted them. Very quick and courteous.

Reaction score
I have 10.5.5 running Fusion 2.0

Only problem I've ran into w/o a solution is viewing my ext HD in Fusion. Haven't had time to dig deep but hoping at Apple 1 on 1 appt I have in a few days that will be resolved.

I think unlike most, I've completely gone to Mac side...in last 10 days, I haven't been on Fusion last 5 days at all...& haven't missed Windows 1 bit.

I'm not understanding why you are having issues w/ iCal w/ Fusion. I use iCal all the time but not on Fusion side. Why are u using iCal on Fusion side?

I'm a complete NEWB but I've found it great not using Fusion...yes I paid for the proggy but more out of insecurity & uncertainty of leaving Windows side completely. Once I either became familiar w/ Mac side proggys or have same sort of proggys on Mac that I used in Windows (MS Office being biggest), I've not missed a beat.

I use iCal all the time, sync w/ my iPhone & all is good. Just saying this from a NEWB standpoint or someone who's made the SWITCH less than 2 weeks ago.

Sorry I can't be of more help but after my visit to Apple, maybe I can have more input to Fusion side, at least for my Ext HD issue.

Good luck.

OP
N
Reaction score
I am not using iCal on fusion side.
After I update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5, I launch iCal (from oS X) and that is where the problem lies.
iCal won't allow me to restore my calendars (grayed out) and it won't let me import anything.
It also refuses to quit - must force quit it.
Apple support have seen the system logs and are saying there is a problem/conflict with VMware.

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.