Best Way to Buy A Mac Book Pro. The Fastest Way.

Reaction score
I was wonder what you guys think is the fastest way to buy a mac book pro? How does it work at the apple store? Do they only sell the base and top models? What if I want the base, with only a ram upgrade? Will I have to come back another day to pick it up? How does it work? Do I fill something out, like online, like saying if I want Aperture or the apple remote with the package? I know it would be proabley easiest if I were to purchase online, but my parents don't really like giving out their credit card number online. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
It might be easy for you to just go into the Apple Store.

I purchased mine online last week and it still hasnt shipped. You can have a look at my signature to see the upgrades I requested.

OP
S
Reaction score
It might be easy for you to just go into the Apple Store.

I purchased mine online last week and it still hasnt shipped. You can have a look at my signature to see the upgrades I requested.

It says on the website it ships in 1-3 days I believe. Will I be able to request the upgrades I want in person, at the apple store? Will the do them, the same day, and I can just come back a few hours later?
Maybe it also depends where you live? I live in Toronto a pretty big city in Canada, don't know maybe that may have something to due with shipping...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
It says on the website it ships in 1-3 days I believe. Will I be able to request the upgrades I want in person, at the apple store? Will the do them, the same day, and I can just come back a few hours later?
Maybe it also depends where you live? I live in Toronto a pretty big city in Canada, don't know maybe that may have something to due with shipping...

The only thing they will upgrade there at the store are the HDD and the RAM. Besides that it is up to what actual processors they have in the machines there. When I was there last there was a guy who wanted the high-end MBP, but with the upgraded chip and they said they didn't have any and would have to order it.

When I wanted the upgraded RAM, they told me to come back in a hour and it would be done. I did, and it was. But that depends on how busy the techs are and how many computers are in front of you, but from what I can tell it is still the same day.

And I live in a big city, we have 2 Apple stores within 20 min of each other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

It says 5 business days on the site but it goes up to 7 - 10 if you upgrade the processor etc..

I live in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's a bit misleading as it usually means "ready to ship in x days".

I.e. they'll process your order and it'll be shipped from China within 3 days. Then it'll take around a week to get to you.

I'd go into the store. RAM on the spot shouldn't be an issue (in fact it's so easy you could do it yourself afterwards for the same price or less) and picking up software and accessories is no problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
That's a bit misleading as it usually means "ready to ship in x days".

I.e. they'll process your order and it'll be shipped from China within 3 days. Then it'll take around a week to get to you.

I'd go into the store. RAM on the spot shouldn't be an issue (in fact it's so easy you could do it yourself afterwards for the same price or less) and picking up software and accessories is no problem.

Would they have third party accessories in-sore, such as the Wacom Tablet? Or would I have to purchase this online from the apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Would they have third party accessories in-sore, such as the Wacom Tablet? Or would I have to purchase this online from the apple store?

I know for a fact they have the tablets in the store, as I have seen them there on many occasions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
There must be a Best Buy or other authorized dealer in your area. Otherwise, the Apple website with expedited delivery will be work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.