MacBook battery makes my MacBook heat up

Reaction score
Its wierd, this started the other day, after 10 mins of turning on my macbook , it heats up to 90 degrees celcius and the fan runs at 6200 acording to smc fan control. I took out my battery and then turned the macbook on and it never heats up to higher than 55 degrees. Has anyone else had problems like this? Would this mean the battery is damaged or something? Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Mine does the same thing only mine stays cooler when the battery is in as well but I have that coolbook thingy and fan control but when I take the battery out the CPU doesn't go over 1Ghz which keep it running much cooler but when the battery is in it allows it to run all the way up to its max which is 2Ghz which does heat the cpu quite a bit on full load. So I dont think your battery is damaged or anything but what are the specs for your laptop, if its the same as mine then they are both doing the same thing, otherwise i'll take a look around and see if any of the later model macbooks do this.

OP
M
Reaction score
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Is the battery genuine or have you ever replaced it? Also whos is the manufacturer of the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Yea thats the same macbook that I have, when I take the battery out it clocks down to 1Ghz but when I put it in it does heat up a lot more because it lets it run full flock have a look here and here and see if yours is doing the same thing. I use menutemperature to monitor my clock speed install it and watch the CPU frequency with the battery in and then take it out and see if it drops to 1Ghz

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea thats the same macbook that I have, when I take the battery out it clocks down to 1Ghz but when I put it in it does heat up a lot more because it lets it run full flock have a look here and here and see if yours is doing the same thing. I use menutemperature to monitor my clock speed install it and watch the CPU frequency with the battery in and then take it out and see if it drops to 1Ghz

Yes it drops to 1.0ghz and the temp drops down to 60 degrees. How could taking out the battery make cpu temp drop to under 60 degrees in a matter of minutes. But with the battery always installed the cpu temp raises to 88-91 degrees celcius in a couple of mins and stay at that temp with fans going at 6200 rpm?

OP
M
Reaction score
I fixed it, Activity monitor (with all processes checked) I noticed some weird program called print log using 50% cpu, I forced quit the process and not its at normal operating temp at 50 degrees. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.