• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best quote... ever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Check out this review of the new MacBook. This following quote in particular sums it all up very nicely.

After months of reviewing Windows desktops and laptops, I put the new $1,600 MacBook through its paces--and it was like returning from a backward country where nothing works only to find your homeland is even better than you remembered.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Check out this review of the new MacBook. This following quote in particular sums it all up very nicely.

I like this quote better, "I'll paraphrase Oliver Wendell Holmes: taxes are the price we pay for civilized computers."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Both great quotes!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
nice, couldn`t be more true :) good metaphore btw, "returning home" :)
i can`t even imagine working on anything else but a mac, i even got rid of windows on my other laptop and put up linux :D

mac just works, keeps amazing me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Haha so true!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.