I love my Mac so much more right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
So I have had my MBP for almost 2 years now and have been satisfied with it overall of course but I was having one problem... the speakers! They were never loud enough and I hated it.

I am the DJ at my fraternity house, they have the speakers there I usually just bring my iPod and route it through an equalizer and DJ for them well last party the speakers broke. So in desperation I took my Klipsch Promedia 2.1's to the house last night along with my MBP and I was like crap I don't have an equalizer now, so i did some poking around in iTunes figuring it had to have an equalizer somewhere, turns out I was right it does! And to my surprise not only does it have an EQ but in that EQ there are Preamp settings! Of course I don't need the Preamp with the speakers they are loud enough on their own but I am now playing with it while I am not at the party and let me tell you the loudness issue of my Mac's speakers is eliminated. I love it now.

This may be old news but I have seen many posts of people complaining about the lack of volume on the MBP.

I suggest anyone new to Mac or just having sound problems to go to iTunes click "window" on the menu bar and click on "equalizer" The Preamp is on the left. I am honestly so happy right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Good news

Thanks for sharing, what type of music do you DJ

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Just anything my iTunes collection is over 9000 songs. It is a fraternity house we just have house parties so it is a lot of Hip-Hop. I myself listen to just about anything, but Hip-Hop is good party music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
but Hip-Hop is good party music.

Hence why I never fitted in at college parties. I liked listening to Led Zeppelin, smoking, and playing poker.

Man that is so 1970s....I really, really, really came from the wrong generation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2006 & iMac 2008
Speakers gone scratchy!

My MacBook Pro is 2 years old. Today I went to You Tube and the sound is horrible! I went to Itunes and it's the same scratchy sound like when your speakers are going out. Is there something I may have changed to make this happen? Has anyone's speakers gone out? I'm not too computer savvy, but I can't think of anything else to check. By the way, I just bought the new i Mac 24" ,,, wow. But when I travel and use this laptop. HELP! Thanks from Atlanta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.