Running XP on my MAC using Fusion

Reaction score
I'm running XP on my Mac using Fusion and have been very succesful. I have downloaded Verizon Fios TV Windows Media Manager for XP and installed it in XP running in Fusion. My HD DVR does not recognize my XP running in Fusion. My second computer is a PC and the HD DVR can find it. I can ping the HD DVR from both computers and get the same return from both computers. Can anyone suggest how I may get my HD DVR to find the XP software running on my Mac. Verizon doens't make a Mac version of the Media Manager software at this time. Fusion XP is currently set to share network connections with my Mac. I tried a direct Bridge to the network but have not had an sucess.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think you can because of the VM layer. You're probably going to have to run XP natively using Boot Camp until Verizon starts supporting OS X. Don't hold your breath though.... I have Verizon FIOS here also and it's a crap shoot to talk to someone at tech support who even "knows" what OS X is. :(

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.