• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New MacBook and iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Im just getting over the "hype" of these new aluminum macbooks. I went out and bought one 3 days after they were released and Im not a fan anymore. I also have a 20" iMac. I find myself on my desktop about 75% of the time. And the only time that I do use the MacBook is at school and thats for one class. And even in that Class, they have iMacs. So right now Im thinking about selling both of my Computers and buying 24" iMac with a 2.8Ghz and 4GB ram. Its ridiculous because all i do is Photoshop and Final Cut Studio 2. I cant do much with a little 13.3" screen. So Im thinking about listing The MacBook in the Buy/Sell/Trade area of these forums. Does anyone know if you can return Mac computers if they are less than 14 days old?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
it sounds like a good idea if all you need is the desktop.

As for the return policy I believe it is 14 days with a 10% restocking fee for opened items

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
oh ok alright.
I think that I might just use that money to get a refurbished desktop and sell my 20"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.