• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Imovie help

Reaction score
I made my first movie with imovie using photos from slide shows from iphoto. I added music tracks to each slide show. Somehow I have also added a second background music by mistake. I cannot delete this background music. Under arrange music tracks it comes up as floating music. I cannot seem to delete it anyway I have tried. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
When you pull up the 'Arrange music tracks' window, grab and place the unwanted track to the top of the list. Close that window. In the timeline window, double click the green back music background and delete it with the delete key.

OP
M
Reaction score
I know this sounds strange but it will not let me drag it out of the floating box. I tried dragging it to the top and also tried dragging it back to the files. I tried deleting in the box. Originally it was a double green bar at the start of the movie and I did delete it from there. But it stayed in the floating box and will not go away. Thanks for you help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I think you misunderstood something, so I'll try a last time. Maybe I'm also missing something in your message. ;)

In 'Arrange music tracks' window, you have two panes with a list of tracks. The green one will display your background songs. You click (and hold) on the song title that you want to remove in the editing window. You drag it to the top of that list and release the mouse button. You'll see a narrow blue line indicating where it will be placed. You click the OK button to return to the editing window and click on the green background so that it is encircled with a yellow border. Then press the Delete key on your keyboard once to remove that track.

Maybe these pictures will help with the explanation. I've placed them in order of the explanation above. The order is from the upper left to the right and then down. You'll have to click on them to enlarge them.

iMovieScreenSnapz001.png

iMovieScreenSnapz002.png

iMovieScreenSnapz003.png

iMovieScreenSnapz004.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Finally got it fixed. Now if I can ever figure out how that sound track got where it was so I don't do it again in the future.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.