little ibook worries

K

kzef

Hi,

Had my ibook for about 2 weeks now, and its been pretty good, just a couple of little things that have been worrying me

1. sometimes when the it goes to sleep, and I open the lid it doesn't turn back on, and nothing I does brings the screen back on except for holding down the shutdown button. does this happen to anyone else?

2. Also sometimes when I click to disconnect from the net, the disconnect text that keeps scrolling, doesnt stop scrolling and to stop it from scrolling I have to put it to sleep and wake it back up, whats up with that?

other than those 2 little problems, my ibook is sweet.

just another couple of questions,

would it be wize , or is it possible at all, to upgrade to a better graphics card ( I have a radeon 9200 32mb) so that I can play some better games, like world of warcraft and games like that?? would there be any other things I would need to upgrade??

and would my ibook g4 14" be able to handle dreamweaver ?? is this a good programme to use for web design, any other recommendations?

lastly, in itunes, how can you tick or check multiple songs at a time?? I just get sick of ticking off each song individually

thats it!! haha

honestly though, any help would be appreciated aye.

thanx

kzef

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i do not understand number 2.....

yes, i think you should be able to handle dreamweaver......ii use it for simple web design stuff (i am a simple web designer for not important web designs (www.bryantplayers.com)

in iTunes....do you mean select when you say "tick" or "check" multiple songs....if you want to do that hold down command(apple and start clicking ).......but it sounds like you might want to start creating playlists or creating smart playlists

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I sometimes have that problem as well, but I don't think I've seen it since I updated to 10.3.7, maybe check all your updates---

OP
M

mangoSharingan

kzef said:
1. sometimes when the it goes to sleep, and I open the lid it doesn't turn back on, and nothing I does brings the screen back on except for holding down the shutdown button. does this happen to anyone else?

would it be wize , or is it possible at all, to upgrade to a better graphics card ( I have a radeon 9200 32mb) so that I can play some better games, like world of warcraft and games like that?? would there be any other things I would need to upgrade??

1. Yea, that used to happen to me sometimes but now it rarely does, unless of course, it's run out of power which means you have to stick in the adapter before you can get it out of sleep.

You cannot upgrade your iBook's graphics card. It's built-in. If you wanted to play games like WoW, then you should have really gone for a Powerbook, or just get a desktop. Laptops aren't really designed for games, unless you splash out more. Upgrading your RAM would help a lot of things though.

OP
M

meltbanana314

kzef said:

Does this happen when you put the iBook to sleep when unplugged, then plug it in, then open up lid?

OP
K

kzef

nah this happens when it is plugged in all the time. thanx for the itunes answer aslwell, thats what i was looking for :)

OP
P

PrimeRib

kzef said:
Hi,

Had my ibook for about 2 weeks now, and its been pretty good, just a couple of little things that have been worrying me

2. Also sometimes when I click to disconnect from the net, the disconnect text that keeps scrolling, doesnt stop scrolling and to stop it from scrolling I have to put it to sleep and wake it back up, whats up with that?

other than those 2 little problems, my ibook is sweet.

just another couple of questions,

and would my ibook g4 14" be able to handle dreamweaver ?? is this a good programme to use for web design, any other recommendations?

lastly, in itunes, how can you tick or check multiple songs at a time?? I just get sick of ticking off each song individually

thats it!! haha

honestly though, any help would be appreciated aye.

thanx

kzef

Actually, you CAN play World of Warcraft - have you tried it?
I installed another stick of 512 Ram from Crucial and it boots no problem. In fact, its playable (with all eye candy video settings low) but playable. I'd rather play WOW on my big screen PC desktop (with 256Meg Nvidia card and all eye candy turned ON, but regardless...)

As those have said earlier, the 12"iBooks are NOT for gaming (save for some "lite" gaming) - I got mine for writing and love it thus far (though the keys are a bit lighter and "larger" than the PC bretheren, but I'm getting used to it).

;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.