iTunes Genius

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Call me neurotic but when iTunes Genius 'talks' to Apple can it also relay to Apple details of the source of your current library and or upload the recording serial number (if such a beast exists). If technically possible, Apple will not only know where you acquired your tunes but whether it's a duplicate (ie pirate copy) if others with the exact same recording use Genius too. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hmm... probably not. I think that Apple can only read the iTunes files. Not sure, others will probably know though.

Waddya think you're doing with pirated music anyway? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
According to the privacy disclosure, no personal info is used or stored using Genius. You shouldn't have to worry about it.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Hmm... probably not. I think that Apple can only read the iTunes files. Not sure, others will probably know though.

Waddya think you're doing with pirated music anyway? ;)

Personally, I don't have any music, pirated or otherwise, as I don't use iTunes. My son raised the question "If they (Apple) know what you've got, do they also know where you got it from" and that set me thinking...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.