Mac thinks my iPod Touch is a Camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
Hey guys and gals:
Whenever I plug my iPod Touch into my mac it auto pops up with the program you would use to pull pictures off of a digital camera. I don't use a digital camera at all on my Macbook and have no idea how to turn off this auto load feature. Any assistance is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks!

-ping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can tell iPhoto not to open automatically when a digital camera is plugged in. I don;t remember if you do it in iPhoto or in the System Prefs. After-all, the iPhone IS a digital Camera as well.

OP
pingpongitore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the quick reply but here is my conundrum. I don't have iphoto and its an iPod Touch and not an iphone. Any other ideas? I've looked all through sys prefs and can't find it. I have Leopard btw if that's any help.

-ping

OP
pingpongitore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoa I'm so dumb sometimes lol. I figured it out. Under preferences you just set it to open no application if a camera is connected. Much better now. You can all go about your business now and thank you for flying American Airlines.
*Falls over*

-ping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That does seem odd that it did that for a touch though...

At least the fix still worked...

Reaction score
I found that if I had taken a screen image on my iPod Touch (by holding down the power and home buttons), the next time I plug into the computer, iPhoto wants to import it to my computer.

Reaction score
alright i have to same problem, except it was a cannon image browser issue. deleted it and still itunes doesnt recognize my 2nd itouch..

-blake

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.