iphone/pod sdk question.

Reaction score
I've gone through alot of trouble to try to get an old mac g3 to download and run the iphone sdk, and everytime i log in to the dev. center to download the sdk, it says i need to run some updates, so i do, I updated from 10.3 to 10.4.11, and now it says i need at least 10.5, this is another large hurdle for me, so my question is this: is 10.5 absolutely necessary to run the iphone sdk? are there ways around it? I'm new to macs, and all i really want to do is run the sdk, but apparently this is impossible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I've gone through alot of trouble to try to get an old mac g3 to download and run the iphone sdk, and everytime i log in to the dev. center to download the sdk, it says i need to run some updates, so i do, I updated from 10.3 to 10.4.11, and now it says i need at least 10.5, this is another large hurdle for me, so my question is this: is 10.5 absolutely necessary to run the iphone sdk? are there ways around it? I'm new to macs, and all i really want to do is run the sdk, but apparently this is impossible

Not that I know of. You need Leopard to run the SDK. And an old G3 won't run it. Make sure to check the requirements.
General requirements:

Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor

512MB of memory
DVD drive for installation
9GB of available disk space

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.