Ichat Help

Reaction score
Hey people i am pretty new to Mac i used them while i wasin high school but was out of touch with them until now how long is that well i was in ghigh school when the first IMACS came out

Ok my question is in ichat how i add new users because all i get is this network called bonjour that added automatically and i have friends with macs and i dunno how to add them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
attachment.php
Here ya go!

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Bonjour is a local network chat service. Any Mac on the same local network as you (i.e. connected to the same router or wireless network) will show up there automatically if they're also running iChat and logged into the bonjour chat.

To chat with the rest of the world, you'll need an AIM/mobileme/icq, Google Talk or Jabber account.

Then you'll be able to add buddies that use of of those services as well.

Go to "iChat > Preferences > Accounts" and press the "+" icon to setup a new account or add your login for an existing IM Account you have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.