Sharing internet connection from tethered computer-to-computer network?

Reaction score
I need to figure out is how to share internet from a computer-to-computer network.

Because when i try sharing my connection from airport to ethernet it says my network settings will be affected and i get booted from the tethered computer-to-computer connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Buy a router and connect the internet to the router, set up the router to be the DHCP (issues computer addresses) and connect to the router by air or wire. Note you have to be hard wired to do the admin on the router.

OP
K
Reaction score
Buy a router and connect the internet to the router, set up the router to be the DHCP (issues computer addresses) and connect to the router by air or wire. Note you have to be hard wired to do the admin on the router.

the issue is that the internet is comming from a tethered iphone. how would i hook up a router in this case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Are you saying you are using an iPhone to connect a computer to the internet? Tell me how - very cool idea. If true (why is another good question) then what kind of output cords connect?

OP
K
Reaction score
Are you saying you are using an iPhone to connect a computer to the internet? Tell me how - very cool idea. If true (why is another good question) then what kind of output cords connect?

you need to have your iphone jailbroken.

you download PDAnet from Cydia store (free for now)

No cables. all you do is create an ad-hoc network on your laptop, find it on your iphones wifi and connect to it, and start the program. no cables, no hassle works great.

well except if your trying to router it further like me. im having troubles with DNS servers

oh and benifits? anywhere you have cellphone reception you have internet. Even in your car, i was in the passanger seat going 130km/hr down the hwy with full high speed... that to me is awsome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.