5th Gen iPod Video Won't Turn On

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
My friend gave me his old iPod Video because it doesn't work. He says his mom threw it in the trash on accident and it hasn't worked since then. He said it didn't get wet, but that it just doesn't turn on. I'm charging it and I've tried to reset it, but I'm still not getting any response. I've ordered a new battery and tools to see if that would work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Wrong category

My friend gave me his old iPod Video because it doesn't work. He says his mom threw it in the trash on accident and it hasn't worked since then. He said it didn't get wet, but that it just doesn't turn on. I'm charging it and I've tried to reset it, but I'm still not getting any response. I've ordered a new battery and tools to see if that would work. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is in the iPhone category. You will get more responses if you move it to the iPod hardware category.

:eek:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
Oops. I did not catch that. I shouldn't post when I'm tired. Well, the iPod is fried anyway so this thread can be deleted altogether, if the mods want to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.