Help needed with iphoto sorting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
I have a problem with my iphoto, basicaly i have about 6,000 photos and about half of these are sorted into albums. my problem is when i go to events or photos they show all the photos, i would love to view just the photos that are not assigned to an album. Is this possible? I would really appreciate any help...

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I do not believe this is possible. iPhoto comes up lacking when dealing with very large photo collections.

You would have to create an album which would contain all the photos that are not currently in an album. How ironic!

iPhoto Library Manager can help with sorting large photo collections. You can create separate libraries for Family, Friends, Trips, etc. With your libraries smaller, you can break your photos into more smaller Events without the number of Events becoming overwhelming.

Fat Cat Software - iPhoto Library Manager

Unfortunately, going back and reorganizing large photo collections after the fact becomes very tedious. It's a good project to keep you busy while on a long plane trip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
YOu could create a "smart album" with the criteria that a photo is not in an album. That would show you the "orphans" and allow you to create the albums you wish.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Thats works great, thanks skybolt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.