How do I Creating stacks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
drag a file to the right side of the dock and it will turn it into a stack automatically. I am new to leapord, but this worked for a file that I use frequently that I put there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you drag a folder to the right side of the dock, the contents of that folder become a stack.

Doing this does not copy the folder anywhere. It just creates a link to the items in the stack.

When you are finished with it, just drag it off the dock and release it. This also, will not erase the files in the stack. It just takes the stack off the dock.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok i've done this and I now have a stack with aliases in it next to the trash, the only place it would stick. In a youtube demo, he put his app folder to the left of the divider.

It only made a copy of my folder. will it still be there when I restart? I dragged the folder into another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
As far as I know, stacks can only be put to the right of the divider in the dock.

The stack will remain there until you remove it, even if you restart. Removing it will not delete the original folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.