AirPort Express slowed to a crawl??

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Darkhuman. I got an ibook G4 a few years ago, and picked up an AirPort Express basestation to connect via wifi. I'm running the AE to a linksys router, and then my modem, and for the past few years, My Mac has been cooking at full speed. Everything was great with the AE, I had my Itouch, ibook, Nintendo Wii, and PSP running to it. 2 weeks ago, the itouch, wii, and PSP stopped alltogether. yesterday, my ibook took the hit too. I reset the AE, put a lock on it to make sure my neighbors weren't taking all the speed, and nothing.

The ibook says it's connected to the AE, and in dignostics, it says everything is fine, and can connect to the internet. So i open Firefox, and i can google one thing....mabye, but i can't even open more than the first page. There's a PC and xbox360 running through the linksys, and they are fine, so i'm guessing it's the AirPort Express.

Does anyone know why the AE would just give out like this??? all my wireless devices see the AE, and say it's fine, but just cant' use it for anything. Thanks in advance. -DH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.