PowerBook G4 problems

Reaction score
Of late i have begun having problems with my power book, so much infact i decided to copy off all my work and reinstall this has lead to the largest problem of all, It wont let me!!!! i have tried to reboot with the systme disc in and it goes straight to login, and when i just put the disc in it says I have inserted a disc with a volume that OSX cant read. is this a problem with my disc drive or a more serious issue with my system??? I thought reinstall would clear it all but i cant even do that.... any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Are the system discs the discs that came with the machine or a purchased copy of OSX?

If other discs work in the drive, then it may be the disc itself. Perhaps it is scratched or dirty in some other way.

Reaction score
you must find original system disk of powerbook..please don't insert any system disk or copy system disk..or another choice;
connect to other mac with firewire cable and restart the powerbook and re-install last install items :)

after restart the powerbook..volaa :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.