Fan being loud even when it's under 2000rpm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
I dropped my Macbook recently I tripped over the cords it it landed on the carpet there was not a single dent or scratch and now I've noticed that the fan is being loud. I can hear it right when I turn it on. I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I did some searching and I've read if its around 2000rpm it should be dead silent which was true before I dropped it. Should I take it into Apple and have them look at it? Has this happen to anyone else. I don't want to tell them I dropped it since the warranty wouldn't be applied. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
bring it to apple they will fix it just dont say u dropped it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Mine is dead silent was going to go to a Pro but some forums say they are very load :(

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
Thanks for your responses! I made a appointment on Thursday. At the mean time should I continue to use my mac I have a pc but it sucks and is infested with viruses.

When I go to the apple store should I just tell them the fan is being loud and it use to be silent when I turn on the computer.

Would they just check the rpm and see everything is fine and send me on my way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.