• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any one like there new mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
i love my new mac

list what u just got!!@!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2008 15 inch MBP 2.6 Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram, 250 GB HD
MBP arrived today, lovin it so far

Hello all, this is my first post and first mac. It arrived today and I found out it had the ram maxed out, and a larger hard drive than I had ordered :Cool: Within an hour or so I was online applying an update, watching a video on my networked pc, and surfing the net at the same time (all without a hitch). I must say I'm very impressed so far. It is an early 2008 MBP, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD, 2.6 GHz with 512 MB Nvidia card.
Well gotta go, macbooks coolin off :Evil:

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
haa my 2 mac the best thing ever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Bought a 2.1 MB Friday and got it yesterday... completely mind blowing and the two finger scrolling is the best invention ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just took my friend to buy his new Macbook today. He was torn between the Macbook and the Macbook Pro, but ultimately settled on the smaller one. He was as giddy as a little schoolgirl as we were walking out of the store :p

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
ha it gust the new one is so much better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
New MacBook is sick!

I am currently writing this post, importing 1000 8 megapixel photos, ripping a cd and my CPU usage is 60-73% (2.0 GHz aluminum) and I am using 1.44 GB of RAM (4GB installed). The computer is cool to the touch,,no fan noise, superdrive is absolutely silent and I can open programs with no delay.

Im about to hook up my DVD burner to see what this badboy can do. This thing is blazing fast and extremely sleek. Highly recommended.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
agree on that one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I was going to get a MBP but seems they are having loud fans and this one is soooo perfect decided to keep her:)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
yes i like the macbook allot better then the pro idk y though

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to talk myself out of splashing a lot of money on a new Macbook Pro! They're so good! I'm after one for when I go travelling next year so I think it might be a good idea to wait a few months, reckon they'll come down in price a bit?

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to talk myself out of splashing a lot of money on a new Macbook Pro! They're so good! I'm after one for when I go travelling next year so I think it might be a good idea to wait a few months, reckon they'll come down in price a bit?

I wouldn't bet on them coming down in price. Apple has a tendency to stick to their pricing, and only dropping when new models are released. You can always look at the online apple store and see if there are any refurbished models in stock by then and you can get a good deal, but on a new model, about the best you'll find is about $5 off at amazon.

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on them coming down in price. Apple has a tendency to stick to their pricing, and only dropping when new models are released. You can always look at the online apple store and see if there are any refurbished models in stock by then and you can get a good deal, but on a new model, about the best you'll find is about $5 off at amazon.

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Well I can get some discount anyway with working at a College, the 2.53GHz MacBook Pro would be £1486.38 as opposed to £1749 - I guess that's some saving. We'll see what happens, it's gonna be in the New Year anyway. Gonna go to a local Apple store and have a play with one of the new ones :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.6 Ghz, Ipod 1G, 3G, Nano 3G, Touch 1G, Apple TV 160GB
Got my new iMac 2.6 Ghz last Sat. Love it! 20" with 2G RAM - Intel Core Duo screams thru applications! :) No morw Windoze for this guy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.