Macbook Pro wont wake up from sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
I have a late 2008 version mbp 15 inch. 2.4ghz 4 gig ram 200 gig hd. Whenever it goes to sleep because the battery runs to low, I plug it in and it won't wake up from sleep. The indicator light on the latch button stays at full brightness, but no moniter. I have to end up pushing the startup button till it shuts down, and restarting. Any idea's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Mine does this from time to time in Windows. Usually you can adjust the brightness of your screen and it will wake up. Press F1 and F2 to lower and raise the brightness

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply but I am pretty sure that that is not the problem because the Mbp is hooked up to an external display in dial moniter mode and adjusting the brightness does not affect that moniter also this problem is in OSX not windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Aye, sorry I could not be of help :)
That is not a problem I have had.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have no idea why but for whatever reason what you told me worked. Even though i thought it would not affect the second moniter it did. I tried pressing the brightness increase and sure enough it woke up from sleep. doesn't make any sense but thank you nonetheless for saving me extra restarts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.