Long time PC convert...average Joe photographer and all...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.8 - 4 gigs - lots of programs - lots of media
So I finally made the switch. I work as a full time student, photographer and photo editor for a paper...so I use Macs all day long in the office...but I finally converted my personal computer. Picked up a gorgeous MBP yesterday. I figured if I was going to do it I'd do it right - spec'd it out with all the good bits. :D

Anyway, I'm loving it so far...everything just...works. Haha, never thought I'd see the day - I am actually smiling as I type this up because I now understand why there is the "elitist Mac stigma". Anyway, at least it is justified.

I'll be sure to do a nice big write up in the near future...I have a lot of PC using photog buddies that are looking to make the switch, too...so I guess I was the guinea pig.

PS - already downloaded gobs of new applications - everything from Acquisition and Adium all the way to VLC and Saft.

In short - this thing rocks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.6 Ghz, Ipod 1G, 3G, Nano 3G, Touch 1G, Apple TV 160GB
Congrats!

Hi David - I, too picked up a iMac recently (this past weekend), and I totally agree! Everything is just simpler with a Mac in my opinion! I have been learning all that I can. Try "A Switcher's Guide to Macs" (leopard edition) - a great book. Congratulations! :)

OP
David A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.8 - 4 gigs - lots of programs - lots of media
Hi David - I, too picked up a iMac recently (this past weekend), and I totally agree! Everything is just simpler with a Mac in my opinion! I have been learning all that I can. Try "A Switcher's Guide to Macs" (leopard edition) - a great book. Congratulations! :)

Thanks for the reference. I wasn't unfamiliar with the current OS (and ones before it) but the more I use it on a personal level the more I feel a "bond" developing. I will say, though, I do LOVE the multi-touch gestures for the track pad. Probably the single most enjoyable thing when just browsing. It took me a few minutes of playing around with it before I got it setup to how I like it. Now that I do have it streamlined I can't see myself ever going back to another system. It's so ergonomic...so intuitive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.