nano: 4g or 3g

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 20"
I am going to get one or the other. I have read about issues with coverflow and the new 4g. I have also seen the price of the 3g VERY low. What is everyone's opinion? Should I get the 3g or the 4g?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I think there are some 3g refurbs on the Apple site for $79. That's hard to beat!

If you're just listening to music, I would go with the 3g. If you are watching video, then you might want to pay the extra for the 4g.

OP
SoonerChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 20"
Anyone else have an opinion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I've never really looked closely at a 4g. I'm very happy with my 3g. I assumed the screen was slightly larger, but I guess it's hard to tell from online photos. If video plays the same on both, then I would jump on a 3g while they are so heavily discounted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Having owned both (and still own a 4G), I say get the 3G if you can get it cheaper than the 4G. Although the 4G has a better build quality, there are few advantages to the new form factor, other than viewing photos. Until they release a patch, there's the annoyance of the 4G switching to cover flow while in your pocket and not being able to blindly control it as a result.

Reaction score
4g. As a general rule, never buy last generation!! When you decide to upgrade, do it right the first time. My brother has a 4g and IMO it's a lot better than the 3g. Especially build quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.