Finder Slow to Reveal Drive Contents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2GHz; 10MB RAM; 24" Dell LCD Monitor
I'm operating in OS X Leopard 10.5.5/Mac Pro 2GHz/2MB RAM. The finder is very slow to reveal the contents of my hard drive, often taking several seconds to show the contents of any given folder. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
How full is your harddrive?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2GHz; 10MB RAM; 24" Dell LCD Monitor
144GB of available space on a 250MB drive.

Reaction score
I have same problem

I have OSX 10.5.5/MacBook Pro 17"/4gig mem and sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to open a folder in my documents place (i'm in panel view (3rd view button from left) in my finder window). 165gig disc space left.

I clicked on Documents then click on a folder and I get spinning multi-color ball for about 4 minutes then folder contents show up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
144GB of available space on a 250MB drive.
Check your Harddrive's "Smart" status in the disk utility. Might indicate the drive is going bad.

Reaction score
try cleaning out your cache wth a app like onyx, or doing a disk repair in apps > utilities > disk utility > first aid then click on repair permissions. should take around 10 mins

Reaction score
Thanks for your help here. After following the suggestion of checking my drives status I found that my drive had major unfixable errors (directory forks and stuff). I backup everything up and my drive failed the next day. I had to send Macbook Pro in for a drive replacement. Thanks for the info thou - since I was able to backup before the failure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.