Question about VPN

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi, I'm living in a residential college and I rely on a VPN to connect to the internet. The really weird thing is that I will get disconnected from the internet every 5 mins (This isn't a figure of speech. I will get disconnected from the internet every 5:00 mins after i log on to the internet with the error message "The connection was terminated by the communication device. Please verify your settings and try again.")

I know that this is a long shot but I kinda need to know if the problem is with my laptop or with the VPN itself. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What VPN vendor are you using? Built-in client, or 3rd party?

Your best bet is probably to check whether you can spot a "dead-peer detection" or "VPN keepalive" setting anywhere...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess it's a 3rd party one. I'm from the University of Western Australia and the VPN is provided by the university itself.

How do I spot a "dead-peer detection" or "VPN keepalive" setting?

The other people in my college do not face the same problem as me, so I'm really perplexed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You would spot it by looking I guess ;)

What's the name of the software you use to connect?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There isnt a software that I use to connect. I just have to create a new connection under Network settings and it should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.