Cant locate my HP Laserjet 2605 printer driver

Reaction score
Hi

I have downloaded the HP Laserjet Printer Driver for the 2605dn printer. Now I am trying to set the printer up with the new driver but have no idea where the driver is now located on my machine, apart from on my Macintosh HD.

Could anyone please be more specific to tell me if there is a folder anywhere that my newly downloaded printer driver is stored.

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Julie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't really need to know where it's located, only that it was installed and appears as a driver when you select it from preferences.

Open System Preferences, Print & Fax. Make sure the HP LaserJet 2605dn is hooked up to your USB port and is turned on. Your printer should appear.

Click on "Options & Supplies". Now click on the "Driver" tab. The printer driver you downloaded from HP and installed should appear. Select it and click OK. If for some reason the driver does not appear, then it may not have been installed correctly.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks chscag
I cant seem to locate the 'Option and Supplies' option you suggested. Can you help?

Cheers
Julie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi:

I guess I should ask: Can you see a dialog box with a picture of your printer when you select "System Preferences, Print & Fax? If so, "Options & Supplies" will appear in the dialog box along with your HP 2605dn. (Remember, the printer needs to be hooked up and turned on.)

I looked up your printer and it appears it's not supported internally by OS X and definitely needs the HP driver. Was the driver supplied on a disk along with your new color printer or did you download it from HP?

Have you tried out your printer to see if it works and prints all colors correctly?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.