Finder not remembering view settings

Reaction score
I recently changed to column view, and I want to have every single folder's columns aligned to make a perfect fit so that the columns are as wide as they can be without creating a sideways scroll bar. I tried going to the view options and clicking the use as defaults button, but still, not all my folders are perfectly aligned. What do I need to do to make this happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
When you open a Finder window it seems to default to a certain size. Not sure if that can be changed, however, as soon as the scroll bar shows up, you can click the green button to eliminate it. Once the window is opened across the entire screen, it should stay that way until you close it.

Not a perfect solution, but at least you can expand the window with just a click.

EDIT: Think I got it now--Open the Finder. Drag the window to the top left. Hold down 'option' while dragging the lower right corner to expand the window to full screen. Release 'option' and close the window. When you reopen it, it should default to full screen.

OP
G
Reaction score
That is only for one window. I wanted to change the settings for all windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How are you opening the different Finder windows?

When you first open Finder it opens a default folder--probably your user folder. If this home folder is set to open fullscreen, it should stay fullscreen when you navigate to other folders.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do...

OP
G
Reaction score
No one can help me?

*EDIT* Sorry, I forgot to refresh.

*EDIT AFTER READING POST* Alright, so I think I understand what is happening. I want to set a default for opening the finder in 4 different places: clicking Finder on the applications bar, clicking the downloads icon next to the trash and clicking open in finder, clicking the trash icon, and double clicking the hard drive on the desktop. Do I have to set the defaults for each one separately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It looks like you will. But this should only take a minute. You'll probably find a couple other places you'll need to set it, but once they are all set, you should be in good shape.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.