No Audio At All, Any Help Greatly Appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm getting absolutely no audio from my macbook pro, not even the startup sound.

It started when I was plugging a synthesiser into the computer's input via a 'monster cable'.
I got a mild crackling sound but nothing too unusual.
The Synthesiser made no noise when I played it.
I then restarted the computer and checked 'System Preferences - sound' and there were devices missing.
All I have now are the Soundflower (2 and 16 ch) devices in both the output and input sections.
When I click on F3, F4 or F5 all I get is the small volume screen with the 'no parking' sign on and an inability to change volume.
Also when I start garageband I get this message. Selected Driver Not Found. (-10202)

I don't think the problem has anything to do with the switch inside the headphone jack because there is no red light coming from it.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem or does anyone know of a fix?
Thank you for you time

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm going to post this question in the software section as well, so if a moderator thinks that it's in the wrong place then feel free to delete the post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.