Time Machine restore from PPC to Intel

Reaction score
OK so it looks like my Powerbook G4 has finally gone to the great Apple store in the sky. Would anyone be able to tell me if I'm going to have any problems in restoring my Time Machine backup to a shiny new intel mac? Also does the restored itunes remember your iPhone or do you have to re-register?

Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should have no difficulty restoring data files and your iTunes library. Of course system files and the like are specific for your old G4 and you should not attempt to restore those. Since your new iMac will already have Leopard installed the only thing you really need to restore are specific program data files, documents, iTunes, and so forth.

I can't answer the question about whether or not iTunes has to be registered again after restoring. I'm not into iTunes. :Smirk:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.