Grey Folder Flashing ? - no Hardrive showing using Leopard Disc Utility and repair

Reaction score
Hi ..I need some advice... I have an Apple Intel G5 quad processor and the latest version of leopard installed.
My wife tried using Safari and the machine was making a noisy Fan noise and then froze. She powered off and powered back on but to no avail... Grey Folder with Flashing ? appears on start up.. So I tried to do a restart using the installation DVD and then Disc Utility and repair, but the Hard drive is not showing. So I tried a restart and doing a PRAM. then tried a restart again using the DVD but still no Hard drive to do a disc repair.
Do any one have any suggestions?

Much Appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Se if you can get Apple Hardware Test to boot as it sounds like your drive has popped off.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Harry
can you explain .. Do you mean an Authorised Apple dealership to run a diagnostic and do you mean the Hardrive is a Right off?.. Is there any chance I can retrieve my entourage Database?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.