Right now, which iMac is the best value for money???

Reaction score
:Confused: Hey Guys

I am looking to buy a apple machine for editing as I believe they are in a class of their own compared to Adobe PC editing. At this stage I am not earning enough to afford the latest iMac etc. However I am editing a fair amount of HD footage and projects involving on average 8 tapes and once edited are roughly an hour and a half long.

So basically I really need help finding the right balance in terms of the machine's specs and of corse its price. I believe I would be silly to go out and buy a brand new iMac and therefore will be looking at purchasing a second hand one. I believe with new technology they rip you off because of the huge demand and that the best time to buy is after this initial boom. Any guidance or sugestions with this would be amazing!!!! Thanks for reading it through... I am taking a trip to New York this December and will definitely be checking out the Apple store. I doubt they sell second hand machines? Where is the cheapest place to buy quality second hand machines??? Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Maybe worth checking out the 'Refurbished' section on the Apple Store site. They are basically the latest models that have been fully repaired and in or near brand new condition.

They are also significantly cheaper than the new price. Just an idea for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Maybe worth checking out the 'Refurbished' section on the Apple Store site. They are basically the latest models that have been fully repaired and in or near brand new condition.

Nah.

It is even more worth it (and more pleasing) to get the money for a nice new one. I put $650 into my iMac, my dad paid the rest. I saved up for a very long time for it. I'm only 13, I can't get a job yet.

I have the 2.66 GHz model, and there is only a mere $200 difference between the 2.44 GHz and 2.66 GHz. Seeing as you are tight on money, I suggest the 2.44 GHz. You will be pleased with whatever mac you get, I guarantee it ;D.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks guys, another question...

When I was in the Uk awhile back they had Game stations which had second hand playstations etc at a reasonable price. Then even better than that they had amazing pawn shops that wer even cheaper! Are their any things to be wary of? Are there any similar shops in New York like this and if so where to find them? Much apreciated:D

Reaction score
You might check your Best Buy. We stopped by this past weekend and they were trying to get rid of their existing Mac Books in order to bring the new ones out. They were selling for $849!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.