DSL connection to Macbook

Reaction score
This internet issue is driving me crazy. I hooked up the modem to the router perfectly, the network settings tells me i'm connected but still no working internet. everything looks right as far as the set up, the lights on the modem and router are all lit. what can i do? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
are you trying to connect via wireless or Ethernet cable?

The very first step would be to directly connect to the DSL modem. If you can get on the Internet at that point, the you'll know the problem is with your router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Which service, modem and router are you using? Wired or wireless?
Have you checked the settings in Network in System Preferences?

OP
A
Reaction score
yes, i tried and i can't even connect directly from the modem to the macbook. yes, it's ethernet and in the network preferences settings it reads that it's connected. but no web. when i use the diagnostics assistant it says it can't connect but doesn't tell me what to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
a4 abt is correct. Start by connecting the Mac directly to the modem via ethernet. If this works, then the modem is good.

Next add in the router, but connect the Mac to the router via ethernet. If this works, then it is a wireless issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
I find that I cannot make any changes in my preferences until I pull the power cords on my cable modem and Airport Express. They need to restart and reset configuration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.