Firefox upgrade lost my bookmarks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I've just upgraded my Firefox to version 3 (from 2) and all my bookmarks have disappeared. Is there anyway to retrieve them? I have a Time machine backup but past copies of the Applications folder are not accessible although all other folders seem to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
If you can launch the old Firefox, go to organize bookmarks/export bookmarks. You may be able to find the file for it, too.

Also, get Foxmarks for Firefox. You can download and sync bookmarks from any computer using Firefox. Works great as a backup as well.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
They're back! When I quit Firefox and relaunched my bookmarks re-appeared as if by magic. Not sure why I cannot retrieve applications from Time Machine backups though. I'll post a separate thread on that one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.